Sanctioned by Southern Pacific Masters Swimming for USMS, Inc.
- Facility: Palm Springs Swim Center, at 405 S. Pavilion Way, in Palm Springs. The length of the competition course without a bulkhead is in compliance and on file with USMS in accordance with articles 105.1.7 and 106.2.1.
- When: April 7-10, 2022
- Timing System: The primary timing system will be fully automatic. Times may be submitted for USMS records and Top 10 consideration.
- Rules: USMS rules will govern. Current SPMS meet procedures will be enforced and take precedence over any errors or omissions on this entry form. Age on April 10, 2022 determines age group for the meet. You must be at least 18 years old to compete. Swimmers are limited to entering a total of five (5) individual events for the entire meet and no more than four (4) individual events per day. All swimmers must be members of United States Masters Swimming (USMS), or the FINA-affiliated organization of their home country (proof of membership required).
- Warm-up: USMS warm-up policies will be enforced. There will be NO DIVING into the pool at any time except into the designated sprint lane(s). Warm-up rules will be announced and posted. Warm-up in the competition pool will be available for one hour prior to the start of competition each day and will also be available on Wednesday April 6, 2022.
- Entries: $140.00 per swimmer flat fee for online entries until midnight PDT on Sunday February 20, 2022. Late online entries will be allowed for $160.00 until 11:59 pm PDT on Monday, March 21st. Deck entries will not be accepted. If the meet is deemed too large, all athletes’ fifth event will be dropped. During the online entry, please indicate your fifth event. The 1000 yards and 1650 yards Freestyle may be limited to the first 70 entries at the discretion of the meet director.
- Seeding: Men and women will be seeded together for the 500, 1000, and 1650 yards Freestyle and the 400 yards Individual Medley, based on entry time. Men and women will swim separately for all other individual events.
- Check-in: Positive check-in is required for all events. Check-in closes at 7:30 am for the 500, 1000, 1650 yards Freestyle and 400 yards Individual Medley. Check-in for all other events will close one or two hours prior to the anticipated start of the event. Check-in will be available via SwimPhone on your mobile device.
- Relays: Online relay team entry will be available for coaches beginning 1:00 pm on March 22, 2022. Online relay team entry will close each day's relay events at 10:00 am on the day that relay is swum. Coaches may use their own web-enabled device to submit relays online. Relay entry fees are $10.00 per relay. A swimmer may swim no more than three (3) relays. Fees are payable to West Hollywood Aquatics and are due when submitted. Deadlines for relay name changes and relay scratches will be announced at the meet. The name of the leadoff swimmer must be clearly designated when the relay reports to the blocks. A swimmer may swim only one 200 yard Freestyle Relay (Event 22, 23, 24), one 400 yard Freestyle Relay (event 10,11,12), one 200 yard Medley Relay (Event 32,33,34) and one 400 yard Medley Relay (42,43,44). Mixed relays shall consist of two men and two women who may swim in any order.
- Individual Awards: Awards for places 1, 2 and 3, for each age group and gender.
- Team Awards: Awards for places 1, 2 and 3, based on categories small, medium, large team category. To be eligible for team awards, the team must be an IGLA-registered team.
- Relay Awards: Awards for places 1, 2 and 3, for each age group and gender.
- Snack Bar: No snacks or food will be available for purchase on the pool deck.
- COVID Policy: All participants must be vaccinated and upload a copy of their vaccination card when registering. All local, city, county, and state COVID-19 safety mandates at the time of the meet will be strictly followed. This includes mandates on masks and gathering sizes/capacity limits for events at the pool facility. If necessary, the meet will be adjusted to adhere to these mandates.
- Refund Policy: Refunds of registration fee will be given upon request if IGLA 2022 is cancelled by federal, state, or local order, announcement, regulation, action, advisory, or declaration, or if the host team deems it impossible, impractical, or inadvisable to proceed with IGLA 2022, or if it becomes or is likely to become illegal to proceed with IGLA 2022, arising from or related to COVID-19, H1N1, or similar infectious disease, or acts of God, fire, flood, natural disaster, war or threat of war, acts or threats of terrorism, civil disorder, strikes, or other occurrence beyond the control of the host teams. In the event of such cancellation, all registration refunds shall be less pro-rated processing and administrative expenses and in no event whatsoever shall anyone associated with IGLA 2022, including organizers, volunteers, directors, officers, representatives, agents, consultants, permit holders, facilities (whether municipality or not), affiliates, and organizations (IGLA, West Hollywood Aquatics, Long Beach Grunions, USMS, USA Water Polo), be liable for any damages, costs, expenditures, loss of income, or charges associated with travel or plans to travel to IGLA 2022 or arising out of the planned participation in IGLA 2022.
All sales of merchandise are final. In the event IGLA 2022 is canceled, merchandise may be mailed to address provided if merchandise has been produced or is in the process of being produced. If not produced or in the process of production, then refunds shall be given less pro-rated processing, mailing costs and expenses.
TRAVEL INSURANCE RECOMMENDED
It is strongly recommended that anyone planning on attending IGLA 2022 purchase or obtain travel insurance as no one associated with IGLA 2022 can predict future travel restrictions, regulations, or requirements.
All participants may be required to sign and execute all waivers and releases of liability prior to the competition, if necessary, to comply with all sanctioning, registration, and permit requirements related to IGLA 2022.
Meet Director: Kenny Brisbin email@example.com 714-273-8793 Meet Referee: Teri White firstname.lastname@example.org Meet Admin: Alina de Armas email@example.com
IGLA 2022 Order of Events
Warm-ups begin each day at 7:00 am and the Meet begins at 8:00 am
Thursday, April 7
Saturday, April 9
|Event 1 - Mixed 1000 yards Freestyle||Event 25 - Mixed 1650 yards Freestyle|
|Event 2 - 200 yards Individual Medley Women||Event 26 - 100 yards Breaststroke Women|
|Event 3 - 200 yards Individual Medley Men||Event 27 - 100 yards Breaststroke Men|
|Event 4 - 50 yards Breastroke Women||Event 28 - 50 yards Butterfly Women|
|Event 5 - 50 yards Breastroke Men||Event 29 - 50 yards Butterfly Men|
|Event 6 - 200 yards Backstroke Women||Event 30 - 200 yards Freestyle Women|
|Event 7 - 200 yards Backstroke Men||Event 31 - 200 yards Freestyle Men|
|Event 8 - 100 yards Butterfly Women||10 Minute Break|
|Event 9 - 100 yards Butterfly Men||Events 32-34 - 200 yards Medley Relay (M/W/X)|
|10 Minute Break|
|Events 10-12 - 400 yards Freestyle Relay (M/W/X)|
Friday, April 8
Sunday, April 10
|Event 13 - Mixed 500 yards Freestyle||Event 35 - Mixed 400 yards Individual Medley|
|Event 14 - 100 yards Individual Medley Women||Event 36 - 200 yards Breaststroke Women|
|Event 15 - 100 yards Individual Medley Men||Event 37 - 200 yards Breaststroke Men|
|Event 16 - 50 yards Backstroke Women||Event 38 - 50 yards Freestyle Women|
|Event 17 - 50 yards Backstroke Men||Event 39 - 50 yards Freestyle Men|
|Event 18 - 100 yards Freestyle Women||Event 40 - 100 yards Backstroke Women|
|Event 19 - 100 yards Freestyle Men||Event 41 - 100 yards Backstroke Men|
|Event 20 - 200 yards Butterfly Women||10 Minute Break|
|Event 21 - 200 yards Butterfly Men||Events 42-44 - 400 yards Medley Relay (M/W/X)|
|10 Minute Break|
|Events 22-24 - 200 yards Freestyle Relay (M/W/X)|
Questions? Contact us.