Artistic Swimming is beauty in the water based upon athletic skill, grace, synchronicity, and the ability to stay underwater for unreasonable amounts of time while working amazingly hard and making it look easy. That is why we want to applaud artistic swimmers and celebrate the sport with an artistic swimming exhibition at IGLA 2022.
- Where: Palm Springs Swim Center
- When: April 10, 2022
- Time: Sunday afternoon after the championship water polo games and before The Pink Flamingo.
Artistic swimmers wishing to participate may apply for open performances times in the following categories: solo (2 minutes), duet (3 minutes), team (four to eight people) (4 minutes), and/or free combination (four to ten people) (4 minutes). Availability for open performances is limited based upon time availability and subject to invitational exhibitions extended by IGLA 2022.
That is the big picture and the link to apply for open performance times is here. It’s that simple without the hard and fast, but there are always hard and fast rules and regulations if you want to perform.
The Hard Ones:
- All artistic swimmers, whether performing individually or on a team must be registered members of TEAM USA Artistic Swimming or, if representing a team from another country (International Teams), or if an individual from another country (International Artistic Swimmers), then be registered with the FINA recognized artistic swimming governing body of the country of representation.
- Artistic swimmers applying for open performance time must be registered with IGLA 2022 and must be eighteen years old or older.
- International Teams and International Artistic Swimmers must comply with TEAM USA Artistic Swimming Visiting International (Foreign) sanctioning requirements. Caution: This requires extra time and documentation (see below) that must be sent to TEAM USA Artistic Swimming at least 30 days in advance.
- TEAM USA Artistic Swimming rules will govern.
- Pool rules and regulations must be followed.
- Waivers and releases of liability required by TEAM USA Artistic Swimming, the City of Palm Springs, and IGLA 2022, as set forth in the website, are required for all Artistic Swimmers.
- No costumes or props that shed, molt, dissolve, or disintegrate, which means no glitter, glass, sequins, feathers, beads, or the like that can be sucked into the filter system, cloud the water, or break on deck, are allowed.
- All music must be submitted in an MP3 Format with the application to Jon Bauer.
- Applications are due no later than Monday, March 21, 2022.
The Fast Ones:
- Pool Location:
405 S Pavilion Way
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Parking Lot on Site
Visiting International Team and International Artistic Swimmer Requirements: Pursuant to TEAM USA Artistic Swimming, International Teams, and International Artistic Swimmers, confirmed though their host federation, are allowed to participate in Team USA Artistic Swimming practices and sanctioned events, but insurance coverage must be confirmed with TEAM USA Artistic Swimming and the FINA-recognized Artistic Swimming governing body of the country of representation.
Accordingly, the following items from visiting International Teams and International Artistic Swimmers are required:
- International Waiver form must be completed and signed prior to entering the water for a warm-up, practice, training, or game.
- All International Teams and International Artistic Swimmers must provide evidence of registration with their host federation.
- All International Teams and International Artistic Swimmers must provide a letter from the host federation, confirming the team and/or the swimmer is in good membership with their host federation.
- Proof of insurance acceptable to USA Artistic Swimming and IGLA 2022 organizers (including West Hollywood Aquatics, Long Beach Grunions, and their officers and organizers), as additional insured.
Warm-up and Practice Time: Pool time will be available during the meet for practice and there will be a warm-up period before the beginning of the exhibition. Sign up with our lovely and talented Artistic Swimming Coordinator, Jon Bauer, in advance or at the pool beginning Wednesday, April 6, 2022.
Assistance: Artistic Swimmers who have questions or need assistance should contact our lovely and talented Artistic Swimming Coordinator, Jon Bauer.
COVID Policy: All participants must be vaccinated and upload copy of their vaccination card when registering. All local, city, county, and state COVID-19 safety mandates at the time of the meet will be strictly followed. This includes mandates on masks and gathering sizes/capacity limits for events at the pool facility. If necessary, we will adjust the meet to adhere to these mandates.
Refund Policy: Refunds of registration fee will be given upon request if IGLA 2022 is cancelled by federal, state,
or local order, announcement, regulation, action, advisory, or declaration, or if the host team deems it impossible,
impractical, or inadvisable to proceed with IGLA 2022, or if it becomes or is likely to become illegal to proceed with
IGLA 2022, arising from or related to COVID-19, H1N1, or similar infectious disease, or acts of God, fire, flood,
natural disaster, war or threat of war, acts or threats of terrorism, civil disorder, strikes, or other occurrence
beyond the control of the host teams. In the event of such cancellation, all registration refunds shall be less
pro-rated processing and administrative expenses and in no event whatsoever shall anyone associated with IGLA 2022,
including organizers, volunteers, directors, officers, representatives, agents, consultants, permit holders,
facilities (whether municipality or not), affiliates, and organizations (IGLA, West Hollywood Aquatics, Long Beach
Grunions, USMS, USA Water Polo), be liable for any damages, costs, expenditures, loss of income, or charges associated
with travel or plans to travel to IGLA 2022 or arising out of the planned participation in IGLA 2022.
TRAVEL INSURANCE RECOMMENDED
It is strongly recommended that anyone planning on attending IGLA 2022 purchase or obtain travel insurance as no one associated with IGLA 2022 can predict future travel restrictions, regulations, or requirements.
All participants may be required to sign and execute all waivers and releases of liability prior to the competition, if necessary, to comply with all sanctioning, registration, and permit requirements related to IGLA 2022.
Questions? Contact us.